View : 442 Download: 0
Punctuated bursts in human male demography inferred from 1,244 worldwide Y-chromosome sequences
- Punctuated bursts in human male demography inferred from 1,244 worldwide Y-chromosome sequences
- Poznik, G. David; Xue, Yali; Mendez, Fernando L.; Willems, Thomas F.; Massaia, Andrea; Sayres, Melissa A. Wilson; Ayub, Qasim; McCarthy, Shane A.; Narechania, Apurva; Kashin, Seva; Chen, Yuan; Banerjee, Ruby; Rodriguez-Flores, Juan L.; Cerezo, Maria; Shao, Haojing; Gymrek, Melissa; Malhotra, Ankit; Louzada, Sandra; Desalle, Rob; Ritchie, Graham R. S.; Cerveira, Eliza; Fitzgerald, Tomas W.; Garrison, Erik; Marcketta, Anthony; Mittelman, David; Romanovitch, Mallory; Zhang, Chengsheng; Zheng-Bradley, Xiangqun; Abecasis, Goncalo R.; McCarroll, Steven A.; Flicek, Paul; Underhill, Peter A.; Coin, Lachlan; Zerbino, Daniel R.; Yang, Fengtang; Lee, Charles; Clarke, Laura; Auton, Adam; Erlich, Yaniv; Handsaker, Robert E.; Bustamante, Carlos D.; Tyler-Smith, Chris; 1000 Genomes Project Consortium
- Ewha Authors
- Charles Lee
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Charles Lee
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NATURE GENETICS
- NATURE GENETICS vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 593 - +
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We report the sequences of 1,244 human Y chromosomes randomly ascertained from 26 worldwide populations by the 1000 Genomes Project. We discovered more than 65,000 variants, including single-nucleotide variants, multiple-nucleotide variants, insertions and deletions, short tandem repeats, and copy number variants. Of these, copy number variants contribute the greatest predicted functional impact. We constructed a calibrated phylogenetic tree on the basis of binary single-nucleotide variants and projected the more complex variants onto it, estimating the number of mutations for each class. Our phylogeny shows bursts of extreme expansion in male numbers that have occurred independently among each of the five continental superpopulations examined, at times of known migrations and technological innovations.
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 생명과학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.