View : 20 Download: 0
CT predictors for selecting conservative surgery or adnexectomy to treat adnexal torsion
- CT predictors for selecting conservative surgery or adnexectomy to treat adnexal torsion
- Jung, Sung Il; Park, Hee Sun; Jeon, Hae Jeong; Yu, Mi Hye; Kim, Young Jun; Yim, Younghee; Jeong, Kyungah
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL IMAGING
- 0899-7071; 1873-4499
- vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 816 - 820
- CT; Adnexa; Torsion; Adnexectomy
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose: To identify computed tomography (CT) findings for selection between conservative surgery and adnexectomy in patients of reproductive age with adnexal torsion. Methods: This retrospective study included 54 consecutive patients who underwent preoperative CT imaging before undergoing either conservative surgery or adnexectomy to treat adnexal torsion. Results: By multivariate analysis, CT finding of tubal thickening was significantly associated with the patients treated with adnexectomy (odds ratio = 7.6, P=.008). Conclusion: Although the majority of patients of reproductive age with adnexal torsion can be treated with conservative surgery, patients who require adnexectomy tend to have a tubal thickening on CT. (C) 2016 Published by Elsevier Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.