View : 169 Download: 0
Prevalence of antineuronal antibodies in patients with encephalopathy of unknown etiology: Data from a nationwide registry in Korea
- Prevalence of antineuronal antibodies in patients with encephalopathy of unknown etiology: Data from a nationwide registry in Korea
- Byun, Jung-Ick; Lee, Soon-Tae; Jung, Keun-Hwa; Sunwoo, Jun-Sang; Moon, Jangsup; Kim, Tae-Joon; Lim, Jung-Ah; Kim, Soyun; Kim, Do-Yong; Han, Su-Hyun; Jang, Hyemin; Suh, Hong Il; Cho, A-Hyun; Kim, Dong Wook; Shin, Jung-Won; Koo, Yong Seo; Choi, Woo Chan; Lee, Woong-Woo; Choi, Nari; Kim, Seongheon; Nam, Hyunwoo; Koo, Dae Lim; Kim, Minah; Lim, Byung Chan; Chae, Jong-Hee; Kim, Ki Joong; Jeon, Daejong; Park, Kyung-Il; Jung, Ki-Young; Kim, Manho; Chu, Kon; Lee, Sang Kun
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF NEUROIMMUNOLOGY
- 0165-5728; 1872-8421
- vol. 293, pp. 34 - 38
- Autoimmune; Encephalopathy; Autoimmune synaptic antibody; Classic paraneoplastic antibody; Prevalence
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We aimed to evaluate the prevalence of antineuronal antibodies in a nationwide cohort of patients with encephalopathy of unknown etiology. We screened 1699 patients with idiopathic encephalopathy who were referred from 70 hospitals across Korea for autoimmune synaptic and classic paraneoplastic antibodies. Those with cerebellar degeneration, sensory polyneuropathy or other paraneoplastic syndromes without encephalopathy were not included in this study. One-hundred and four patients (6.12%) had antibody-associated autoimmune encephalopathy. Autoimmune synaptic antibodies were identified in 89 patients (5.24%) and classic paraneoplastic antibodies were identified in 16 patients (0.94%). The patients with antibody-associated autoimmune encephalopathy comprised a small but significant portion of the total number of patients with encephalopathy of unknown cause. (C) 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 의과학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.