View : 26 Download: 0
Preparation of 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid from crude castor oil hydrolysates by recombinant Escherichia coli expressing alcohol dehydrogenase and Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenase
- Preparation of 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid from crude castor oil hydrolysates by recombinant Escherichia coli expressing alcohol dehydrogenase and Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenase
- Lee, Jae Hoon; Choi, Sung Hee; Hwang, In Yeub; Park, Jin Byung; Hang, Ssangsoo; Lee, Hyunil; Park, Chang-Ho; Lee, Eun Yeol
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PROCESS BIOCHEMISTRY
- 1359-5113; 1873-3298
- vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 362 - 368
- 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid; 12-oxo-9-octadecenoic acid; Ricinoleic acid; Alcohol dehydrogenase; Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenase
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Crude castor oil hydrolysates mainly consisting of ricinoleic acid can be biologically converted to 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid (C-18) with an unsaturated bond and an ester bond which is utilized as a fertile chemical platform. The platform chemical of 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid can be converted to omega-hydroxyundec-9-enoic acid or dicarboxylic acid via simple chemical or biological conversion. In this study, the biotransformation was directly performed from crude castor oil hydrolysates containing 82% ricinoleic acid using the recombinant Escherichia coli BL21 with two plasmids containing Micro coccus luteus alcohol dehydrogenase and Pseudomonas putida KT2440 Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenase, respectively. The recombinant cells were cultured in Riesenberg medium at pH 6.9 and 20 degrees C for 28.5 h. For biotransformation at 35 degrees C for 2 h, 2.54 g/L 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid was obtained from crude castor oil hydrolysates with the final concentration of 2.98 g/L ricinoleic acid. The yield and volumetric productivity were 81.34% and 1.22 g/L/h, respectively. Herein, direct conversion of crude castor oil hydrolysates to value-added 11-hexyloxy-9-undecenoic acid was successfully demonstrated. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.