View : 27 Download: 0
Histomorphometric evaluation of onlay freeze-dried block bone and deproteinized bovine bone with collagen in rat
- Histomorphometric evaluation of onlay freeze-dried block bone and deproteinized bovine bone with collagen in rat
- Jung, Gyu-Un; Hong, Seong-Jin; Hong, Ji-Youn; Pang, Eun-Kyoung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
- vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 70 - 77
- Human freeze dried corticocancellous bone block; Deproteinized bovine bone with collagen; Onlay graft; Bone formation; Space maintenance
- KOREAN TISSUE ENGINEERING REGENERATIVE MEDICINE SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of human freeze-dried bone block (FDBB) and deproteinized bovine bone with collagen (DBBC) on bone formation when applied as an onlay graft in rat calvariums. Thirty male Sprague-Dawley rats received collagen sponge (control), FDBB, or DBBC onlay grafts trimmed into 8-mm disks measuring 4-mm height. Each graft was secured onto the calvarium surface using horizontal mattress sutures. Rats in each group were killed at 2 (n=5) or 8 (n=5) weeks postoperatively for histologic and histomorphometric analysis. The total augmented area (mm(2)), new bone area (mm(2)), and bone density (%) were measured. The FDBB and DBBC groups showed significantly more new bone formation and bone density than the control group at 2 and 8 weeks. The increased new bone area was significantly greater in the FDBB group than in the DBBC group (p < 0.05). The total augmented area was significantly higher in the FDBB and DBBC groups at 2 and 8 weeks than in the control group (p < 0.05), and at 8 weeks, the area was significantly decreased in the DBBC group compared to that in the FDBB group and the area at 2 weeks (p < 0.05). Within the limitations of the present study, we concluded that onlay FDBB and DBBC grafts caused new bone formation through an osteoconductive mechanism. In addition, compared to FDBB, DBBC had less capacity to form new bone and maintain the space.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.