View : 42 Download: 0
Change of health-related profiles after Imatinib cessation in chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia patients
- Change of health-related profiles after Imatinib cessation in chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia patients
- Park, Joon Seong; Lee, Sung-Eun; Jeong, Seong Hyun; Jang, Eun-Jung; Choi, Mi-Yeon; Kim, Hyeoung-Joon; Kim, Yeo-Kyeoung; Kim, Sung-Hyun; Zang, Dae Young; Oh, Sukjoong; Koo, Dong Hoe; Kim, Hawk; Do, Young Rok; Kwak, Jae-Yong; Kim, Jeong-A; Kim, Dae-Young; Mun, Yeung-Chul; Lee, Won Sik; Chang, Myung Hee; Park, Jinny; Kwon, Ji Hyun; Kim, Dong-Wook
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA
- 1042-8194; 1029-2403
- vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 341 - 347
- Chronic myeloid leukemia; imatinib cessation; quality-of-life
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- The aim of this study was to investigate the changes in health-related profiles including quality-of-life (HRQoL) in the chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patients who discontinued imatinib (IM). An HRQoL survey composed of 43 parameters about IM-related adverse events (AEs), physical health-related and mental health-related was provided at baseline and 6 months post-discontinuation. A total of 55 patients with a sustained UMRD over 6 months were analyzed. Although the majority of IM-related AEs were significantly improved, unexpectedly pruritus and musculoskeletal pain worsen or newly develop in 29.1% and 21.8% of patients, respectively. The improvements in physical and mental health condition were variable in individual patients. In addition, rapid restorations of the hematological and biochemical parameters were observed. The results showed the changes of HRQoL and laboratory tests in treatment-off patients and the necessity of continuing physical and mental support for some patients in tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI)-off studies.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.