View : 26 Download: 0
THE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF THE KOREAN HEALTHCARE SECTOR: DEVELOPMENT, CHALLENGES, AND FUTURE TASKS
- THE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OF THE KOREAN HEALTHCARE SECTOR: DEVELOPMENT, CHALLENGES, AND FUTURE TASKS
- Kim, Yoon; Kang, Minah
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PUBLIC PERFORMANCE & MANAGEMENT REVIEW
- 1530-9576; 1557-9271
- vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 297 - 315
- healthcare management governance; performance intervention; performance regime
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- During the past two decades, performance management programs in Korea's healthcare sector have become increasingly diversified in terms of the measures used and the scope of the healthcare services measured. Despite the recent growth of peiformance management programs in Korea's healthcare system, few studies have evaluated performance management programs as a whole in the context of national healthcare system objectives. Drawing on Talbot's performance regime framework, this study describes the major challenges to Korea's performance-based healthcare management systems. We suggest that the challenges can be addressed by creating a coherent conceptual framework and a macro-level coordination body. We further suggest that relevant performance interventions be chosen based on theoretical models of performance management. Our findings have implications for future studies on performance management of healthcare systems in other countries as well as in Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 행정학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.