View : 24 Download: 0
Clinical and Pathological Heterogeneity of Korean Patients with CAPN3 Mutations
- Clinical and Pathological Heterogeneity of Korean Patients with CAPN3 Mutations
- Park, Hyung Jun; Jang, Hoon; Lee, Jung Hwan; Shin, Ha Young; Cho, Sung-Rae; Park, Kee Duk; Bang, Duhee; Lee, Min Goo; Kim, Seung Min; Lee, Ji Hyun; Choi, Young-Chul
- Ewha Authors
- 박기덕; 박형준
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박기덕; 박형준
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- YONSEI MEDICAL JOURNAL
- 0513-5796; 1976-2437
- vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 173 - 179
- Limb girdle muscular dystrophy 2A; calpainopathy; CAPN3; lobulated fiber; genetic testing
- YONSEI UNIV COLL MEDICINE
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Purpose: This study was designed to investigate the characteristics of Korean patients with calpainopathy. Materials and Methods: Thirteen patients from ten unrelated families were diagnosed with calpainopathy via direct or targeted sequencing of the CAPN3 gene. Clinical, mutational, and pathological spectra were then analyzed. Results: Nine different mutations, including four novel mutations (NM_000070: c.1524+1G>T, c.1789_1790inA, c.2184+1G>T, and c.2384C>T) were identified. The median age at symptom onset was 22 (interquartile range: 15-28). Common clinical findings were joint contracture in nine patients, winged scapula in four, and lordosis in one. However, we also found highly variable clinical features including early onset joint contractures, asymptomatic hyperCKemia, and heterogeneous clinical severity in three members of the same family. Four of nine muscle specimens revealed lobulated fibers, but three showed normal skeletal muscle histology. Conclusion: We identified four novel CAPN3 mutations and demonstrated clinical and pathological heterogeneity in Korean patients with calpainopathy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.