View : 165 Download: 0
Exploration of Online Culture Through Network Analysis of Wikipedia
- Exploration of Online Culture Through Network Analysis of Wikipedia
- Park, Sung Joo; Kim, Jong Woo; Lee, Hong Joo; Park, Hyunjung; Han, Deugcheon; Gloor, Peter
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Cyberpsychology Behavior and Social Networking
- 2152-2715; 2152-2723
- vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 674 - 681
- MARY ANN LIEBERT, INC
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Understanding online culture is becoming crucial in the global and connected world. Contrary to conventional attitudinal surveys used in cultural research, this study uses the approach of directly observing culture-specific behavior that emerges from online collaboration on the Internet. The editing data of Wikipedia were analyzed in 12 languages. Distinctive cultural dimensions were identified, including collectivism, extraversion, boldness, and egalitarianism. Using network analysis, the language-framed cultural factors were extracted as an emergent phenomenon in the virtual world.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 경영연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.