View : 14 Download: 0
Dynamic Inter-RAT Handover Decision for Offloading Heavy Traffic in Heterogeneous Networks
- Dynamic Inter-RAT Handover Decision for Offloading Heavy Traffic in Heterogeneous Networks
- Park, So-Yeon; Kim, Ji-Hyeon; Lee, HyungJune
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- WIRELESS PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 0929-6212; 1572-834X
- vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 1765 - 1779
- Heterogeneous wireless networks; Inter-RAT handover; Dynamic optimization; Overload management; Inter-cell interference coordination
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- We present a dynamic inter-RAT handover decision mechanism that allocates network resource for UEs over heterogeneous cells considering UE's mobility, QoS, cell transition, and inter-cell interference for overload situations. It aims to minimize access failure and handover signalling, while prioritizing UEs with high QoS level for differentiated cell selection. We formulate the problem of dynamic cell selection over a period of time into an optimization problem consisting of step-wise integer programs depending on UE's moving speed. Simulation results show that our dynamic scheme achieves low access failure ratio in a highly overloaded network. More importantly, the proposed algorithm remarkably diminishes cell handover rate by 20 % compared to a counterpart algorithm based on static optimization. We demonstrate that our algorithm successfully controls cell acceptance and connected cell types by prioritizing with UE's QoS, moving speed, and inter-cell interference.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.