View : 46 Download: 0
Likelihood ratio and score burden tests for detecting disease-associated rare variants
- Likelihood ratio and score burden tests for detecting disease-associated rare variants
- Lee, Woojoo; Lee, Donghwan; Pawitan, Yudi
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- STATISTICAL APPLICATIONS IN GENETICS AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- 2194-6302; 1544-6115
- vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 481 - 495
- burden test; likelihood ratio test; rare variants; score test
- WALTER DE GRUYTER GMBH
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- This paper presents two simple rare variant ( RV) burden tests based on the likelihood ratio test (LRT) and score statistics. LRT is one of the commonly used tests in practical data analysis, and we show here that there is no reason to ignore it in testing RV associations. With the Bartlett correction, we have numerically shown that the LRT-based test can have a reliable distribution. Our simulation study indicates that if the non-null variants are as common as the null variants, then the LRT and score statistics have comparable performance to the C-alpha test, and if the former is rarer than the null variants, then they outperform the C-alpha test.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 통계학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.