View : 255 Download: 0
Can preoperative 3-T MRI predict nipple-areolar complex involvement in patients with breast cancer?
- Can preoperative 3-T MRI predict nipple-areolar complex involvement in patients with breast cancer?
- Cho, Jooyeon; Chung, Jin; Cha, Eun-Suk; Lee, Jee Eun; Kim, Jeoung Hyun
- Ewha Authors
- 차은숙; 이지은; 정진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 차은숙; 이지은; 정진
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL IMAGING
- CLINICAL IMAGING vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 119 - 124
- Breast; Breast MRI; 3 T; Nipple-areolar complex; Breast cancer
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Purpose: To evaluate the diagnostic performances of preoperative 3-T breast MRI for predicting nipple-areolar complex (NAC) involvement. Materials and methods: We analyzed the predictors of MAC involvement in breast cancer, with diagnostic performances. Results: Among the 403 patients, 43 cases were surgically confirmed for NAC involvement. For predicting MAC involvement, sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, negative predictive value, and accuracy were 60.5%, 87.5%, 36.6%, 94.9%, and 84.6%, respectively. Continuity to NAC, unilateral enhancement of NAC and thickening of NAC were significant magnetic resonance findings predictive of MAC involvement. Conclusions: Preoperative 3-T breast MRI is a useful method to predict NAC involvement in breast cancer patients. (C) 2015 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.