View : 92 Download: 0
Dual oxidase 2 is essential for house dust mite-induced pro-inflammatory cytokine production in human keratinocytes
- Dual oxidase 2 is essential for house dust mite-induced pro-inflammatory cytokine production in human keratinocytes
- Ko, Eunbi; Choi, Hyun; Park, Kkot-Nara; Park, Ju-Yearl; Lee, Tae Ryong; Shin, Dong Wook; Bae, Yun Soo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EXPERIMENTAL DERMATOLOGY
- 0906-6705; 1600-0625
- vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 936 - 941
- dual oxidase 2; house dust mite; nuclear factor-B; reactive oxygen species; Toll-like receptors
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- House dust mites (HDMs) are known to trigger chronic inflammation through Toll-like receptors (TLRs) and their signalling cascades. In this study, we found that TLR2 ligation by HDMs induced the activation of dual oxidase 2 (Duox2) and nuclear factor-B (NF-B), leading to the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in human keratinocytes. Stimulation of human keratinocytes with HDMs resulted in increases in interleukin-8 (IL-8) and chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 20 (CCL20) levels. However, pro-inflammatory cytokine production was abolished in keratinocytes transfected with TLR2 siRNA, indicating that HDM-induced cytokine production was mediated via TLR2 signalling. We also examined the function of Duox1/2 isozymes, which are primarily expressed in keratinocytes, in HDM-mediated pro-inflammatory cytokine production. Human keratinocytes transfected with control siRNA or Duox1 siRNA showed no inhibition of IL-8 or CCL20 production in response to HDMs, whereas the silencing of Duox2 expression resulted in a failure to induce cytokine production. Moreover, the phosphorylation and nuclear localization of RelA/p65, a component of NF-B, were induced by HDMs in human keratinocytes. Transfection of human keratinocytes with TLR2 siRNA or Duox2 siRNA resulted in the complete abolishment of RelA/p65 nuclear localization in response to HDMs. Taken together, these results indicate that the HDM-dependent TLR2-Duox2 signalling axis indeed promotes NF-B activation, which induces IL-8 and CCL20 production and mediates epidermal keratinocyte inflammation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.