View : 133 Download: 0
An Exploratory Analysis of International Students' Information Needs and Uses
- An Exploratory Analysis of International Students' Information Needs and Uses
- Chung, EunKyung; Yoon, JungWon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CANADIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION AND LIBRARY SCIENCE-REVUE CANADIENNE DES SCIENCES DE L INFORMATION ET DE BIBLIOTHECONOMIE
- vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 36 - 59
- information behaviour; information needs; information use; international students; college students
- CANADIAN ASSOC INFORMATION SCIENCE
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Focusing on information behaviours in the context of everyday life, this study seeks to explore the information needs and uses of international students one of the fastest-growing student groups within the university in their daily activities. Using data from 60 respondents to the survey questionnaire and a total of 263 information activities from the online diary survey of 28 participants, this study investigated four research questions regarding information needs, information sources, the digital devices used for information searches, and the relationships between information needs, information sources, and digital devices in international students' daily information environments. The findings demonstrate that international students with diverse information needs sought information from a wide range of information sources, including search engines and human-mediated sources, using portable digital devices for their information searches. This study revealed that participants used different information sources and digital devices depending on the type of information needs. The findings provide useful insights into the information services available to international students in a higher education context.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 문헌정보학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.