View : 88 Download: 0
Well-Balanced Carrier Mobilities in Ambipolar Transistors Based on Solution-Processable Low Band Gap Small Molecules
- Well-Balanced Carrier Mobilities in Ambipolar Transistors Based on Solution-Processable Low Band Gap Small Molecules
- Kim, Min Je; Jung, Minwoo; Kang, Woonggi; An, Gukil; Kim, Hyunjung; Son, Hae Jung; Kim, BongSoo; Cho, Jeong Ho
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C
- vol. 119, no. 29, pp. 16414 - 16423
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We synthesized a solution-processable low band gap small molecule, Si1TDPP-EE-COC6, for use as a semiconducting channel material in organic thin film transistors (OTFTs). The Si1TDPP-EE-COC6 is composed of electron-rich thiophenedithienosilolethiophene (Si1T) units and electron-deficient diketopyrrolopyrrole (DPP) and carbonyl units. SiTDPP-EE-COC6-based OTFTs with Au source/drain electrodes were fabricated, and their electrical properties were systematically investigated with increasing thermal annealing temperature. The hole and electron mobilities of as-spun Si1TDPP-EE-COC6 were 3.3 x 10(-4) and 1.7 x 10(-4) cm(2) V-1 s(-1), respectively. The carrier mobilities increased significantly upon thermal annealing at 150 degrees C, yielding a hole mobility of 0.003 cm(2) V-1 s(-1) and an electron mobility of 0.002 cm(2) V-1 s(-1). The performance enhancement upon thermal annealing was strongly associated with the formation of a layered edge-on structure and a reduction in the pp intermolecular spacing. Importantly, the use of atomically thin single-layer graphene (SLG) source/drain electrodes that were grown by the chemical vapor deposition (CVD) method further increased the carrier mobilities. The 150 degrees C annealed Si1TDPP-EE-COC6-based OTFTs with SLG source/drain electrodes exhibited a hole mobility of 0.011 cm(2) V-1 s(-1) and an electron mobility of 0.015 cm(2) V-1 s(-1). The improved electrical performances of the SLG OTFTs were attributed to the stepless flat surface of the SLG electrodes and the better interfacial contact between the Si1TDPP-EE-COC6 molecules and the SLG electrodes compared to the Au electrodes. This work suggests that careful chemical design is essential to enhance balanced ambipolar transistor performance based on small conjugated molecules, and the SLG is a good electrode material to promote the carrier mobilities.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.