View : 34 Download: 0
Modified 2,4-diaryl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines with hydroxyl and chlorine moiety: Synthesis, anticancer activity, and structure-activity relationship study
- Modified 2,4-diaryl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines with hydroxyl and chlorine moiety: Synthesis, anticancer activity, and structure-activity relationship study
- Kadayat, Tara Man; Song, Chanju; Kwon, Youngjoo; Lee, Eung-Seok
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- 0045-2068; 1090-2120
- vol. 62, pp. 30 - 40
- 2,4-Diaryl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines; Hydroxyl group; Chlorine group substitution; Anticancer agents; Cytotoxicity; Topoisomerase I and II inhibition
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- As a part of ongoing studies in developing novel anticancer agents, a series of modified 2,4-diaryl-5H-indeno[1,2-b]pyridines were designed, and synthesized by introducing hydroxyl and chlorine moieties. They were evaluated for topoisomerase inhibitory activity and cytotoxicity against HCT15, T47D, and HeLa cancer cell lines. This modification allowed us to demonstrate structure-activity relationship (SAR) study with respect to the non-substituted 2,4-diaryl-5H-indeno[1,2-b] pyridines. Compounds (2, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9) with meta or para hydroxyl group on 2 or 4-phenyl ring have enhanced topo I and II inhibitory activity and cytotoxicity. However, additional substitution of chlorine group on furyl or thienyl ring (11, 12, 14, 16-18) generally reduced topo I and II inhibitory activity but improved cytotoxicity. The observation of cytotoxic properties and SAR study according to the position of hydroxyl and chlorine group will provide valuable insight for further study of development of novel anticancer agents with related scaffolds. (C) 2015 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.