View : 43 Download: 0
US characteristics for the prediction of neoplasm in gallbladder polyps 10 mm or larger
- US characteristics for the prediction of neoplasm in gallbladder polyps 10 mm or larger
- Kim, Jin Sil; Lee, Jeong Kyong; Kim, Yookyung; Lee, Sang Min
- Ewha Authors
- 김유경; 이정경
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김유경; 이정경
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN RADIOLOGY
- 0938-7994; 1432-1084
- vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1134 - 1140
- Gallbladder neoplasms; Polyps; Ultrasound; Gallbladder; Computed tomography
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- PurposeTo evaluate the characteristics of gallbladder polyps 10 mm or larger to predict a neoplasm in US examinations. Materials and methodsFifty-three patients with gallbladder polyps a parts per thousand yen 10 mm with follow-up images or pathologic diagnosis were included in the retrospective study. All images and reports were reviewed to determine the imaging characteristics of gallbladder polyps. Univariate and multivariate analyses were used to evaluate predictors for a neoplastic polyp. ResultsA neoplastic polyp was verified in 12 of 53 patients and the mean size was 13.9 mm. The univariate analysis revealed that adjacent gallbladder wall thickening, larger size (a parts per thousand yen15 mm), older age (a parts per thousand yen57 years), absence of hyperechoic foci in a polyp, CT visibility, sessile shape, a solitary polyp, and an irregular surface were significant predictors for a neoplastic polyp. In the multivariate analysis, larger size (a parts per thousand yen15 mm) was a significant predictor for a neoplastic polyp. ConclusionA polyp size a parts per thousand yen15 mm was the strongest predictor for a neoplastic polyp with US. The hyperechoic foci in a polyp and CT visibility would be useful indicators for the differentiation of a neoplastic polyp, in addition to the established predictors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.