View : 32 Download: 0
Low-frequency vibration energy harvester using a spherical permanent magnet with controlled mass distribution
- Low-frequency vibration energy harvester using a spherical permanent magnet with controlled mass distribution
- Choi, Yunhee; Ju, Suna; Chae, Song Hee; Jun, Sangbeom; Ji, Chang-Hyeon
- Ewha Authors
- 전상범; 지창현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 전상범; 지창현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES
- 0964-1726; 1361-665X
- vol. 24, no. 6
- vibration energy harvester; roly-poly; electromagnetic power generation
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- This paper presents a vibration energy harvester using a springless spherical permanent magnet with a non-uniform mass distribution as a proof mass. The magnet has been designed to have the center of mass below the geometrical center, which generates a roly-poly-like motion in response to external vibrations and maintains the upright position. Utilizing this roly-poly-like magnet, proof-of-concept electromagnetic energy harvesters have been fabricated, tested and analyzed. An analytical model which explains the motion of the magnet assembly and resulting output voltage has been developed by finite element analysis of the magnetic field distribution and motion analysis of the magnet assembly. With the fabricated device, a maximum open-circuit voltage of 48.85 mV(rms) and an output power of 9.03 mu W have been obtained in response to a 20 Hz sinusoidal vibration at 3 g acceleration.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.