View : 41 Download: 0
PDK1 disruptors and modulators: a patent review
- PDK1 disruptors and modulators: a patent review
- Hossen, Muhammad Jahangir; Kim, Seung Cheol; Yang, Sungjae; Kim, Han Gyung; Jeong, Deok; Yi, Young-Su; Sung, Nak Yoon; Lee, Jeong-Oog; Kim, Jong-Hoon; Cho, Jae Youl
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EXPERT OPINION ON THERAPEUTIC PATENTS
- 1354-3776; 1744-7674
- vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 513 - 537
- 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1; 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 inhibitors; 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 modulators
- INFORMA HEALTHCARE
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Introduction: 3-Phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) is a master regulator of the AGC protein kinase family and is a critical activator of multiple pro-survival and oncogenic protein kinases, for which it has garnered considerable interest as an oncology drug target. Areas covered: This manuscript reviews small molecule patent literature disclosures between October 2011 and September 2014 for both PDK1 activators and inhibitors and restates the selective patents published before September 2011. PDK1 modulators are organized according to pharmaceutical company and chemical structural class. Expert opinion: Many academic institutions and pharmaceutical companies continue to research into the development of small molecules that can function as PDK1 inhibitors or modulators. To date, > 50 patent publications on PDK1 disruptors and modulators have been published since the protein was first discovered in 1998. Most of these molecules act as ATP mimetics, forming similar hydrogen bonding patterns to PDK1 as ATP and functioning as hydrophobic pharmacophores. To achieve selectivity in PDK1 inhibition, the discovery of binding pockets structurally distinctive from the ATP site is a challenging but promising strategy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.