View : 39 Download: 0
Optimization of sterilization conditions for production of retorted meatballs
- Optimization of sterilization conditions for production of retorted meatballs
- Cheon, Hee Soon; Choi, Su-Hee; Jhin, Changho; Cho, Won-Il; Choi, Jun-Bong; Shin, Hae-Hun; Lee, Seungmin; Cho, Hyunnho; Hwang, Hee-Jeong; Hwang, KeumTaek; Chung, Myong-Soo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 471 - 480
- rotary retort; retorted meatball; response surface methodology
- KOREAN SOCIETY FOOD SCIENCE &
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Sterilization conditions for meatballs in retort trays were determined. Microbiological safety, texture, and sensory attributes were analyzed for 27 sterilization conditions (3(3) factorial design) using temperature, time, and processing method. Temperature and sterility were monitored using an F (0) sensor. Quality factors of water activity, viable cell counts, color, sensory characteristics, and texture were analyzed for retorted meatballs under each experimental condition. Quality attributes were significant (p < 0.05) and differentially affected by temperature, time, and method. Linear effects were more important than quadratic and interaction effects. F (0) and hardness for quadratic effects were significantly (p < 0.01) predicted. F (0), the sensory quality of chewiness, and color b values were significant (p < 0.05) for interaction effects. Overall, F (0) at the coldest point, the sensory quality of chewiness, the degrees of lightness and yellowness, and hardness were significantly (p < 0.01) influenced, more by temperature and time than by method. Response surface methodology revealed optimum sterilization conditions for meatballs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.