View : 39 Download: 0
Echinacea purpurea root extract enhances the adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells
- Echinacea purpurea root extract enhances the adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells
- Shin, Dong-Mi; Choi, Kyeong-Mi; Lee, Youn-Sun; Kim, Wonkyun; Shin, Kyong-Oh; Oh, Seikwan; Jung, Jae-Chul; Lee, Mi Kyeong; Lee, Yong-Moon; Hong, Jin Tae; Yun, Yeo-Pyo; Yoo, Hwan-Soo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH
- 0253-6269; 1976-3786
- vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 803 - 812
- Echinacea purpurea; 3T3-L1 cells; Adipocyte differentiation; Insulin; Dodeca-2(E),4(E)-dienoic acid isobutylamide
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Echinacea purpurea has been shown to have anti-diabetic activities; for example, it activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR gamma) and increases insulin-stimulated glucose uptake. Adipogenesis has been used to study the insulin signaling pathway and to screen anti-diabetic compounds. The present study was conducted to investigate the effects of an ethanol extract of E. purpurea (EEEP) and its constituents on the insulin-induced adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. When adipocyte differentiation was induced with insulin plus 3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine and dexamethasone, the accumulation of lipid droplets and the cellular triglyceride content were significantly increased by EEEP. The expressions of PPAR gamma and C/EBP alpha in adipocytes treated with EEEP were gradually increased as compared with control cells. Fat accumulation and triglyceride content of adipocytes treated with dodeca-2(E),4(E)-dienoic acid isobutylamide were significantly increased as compared with control cells. The expressions of PPAR gamma and C/EBP alpha in adipocytes treated with dodeca-2(E),4(E)-dienoic acid isobutylamide were significantly higher than in control cells. These results suggest EEEP promotes the adipogenesis that is partially induced by insulin and that dodeca-2(E),4(E)-dienoic acid isobutylamide appears to be responsible for EEEP-enhanced adipocyte differentiation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.