View : 41 Download: 0
A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial of a product containing pumpkin seed extract and soy germ extract to improve overactive bladder-related voiding dysfunction and quality of life
- A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial of a product containing pumpkin seed extract and soy germ extract to improve overactive bladder-related voiding dysfunction and quality of life
- Shim, Bongseok; Jeong, Hyewon; Lee, Sara; Hwang, Sehee; Moon, Byeongseok; Storni, Charlotte
- Ewha Authors
- 정혜원; 이사라
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정혜원; 이사라
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF FUNCTIONAL FOODS
- vol. 8, pp. 111 - 117
- Pumpkin; Cucurbita pepo; Soy germ; Incontinence; Overactive bladder; Clinical study
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Overactive bladder (OAB) has become an increasing field of interest. Traditional use indicates that pumpkin seed (Cucurbita pepo L.) may be helpful in combating its symptoms. Additionally, soy isoflavones (Glycine max) are well-documented for hormonal imbalance related indications. The present randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluated efficacy and safety of Cucuflavone (containing extracts of pumpkin seed and soy germ) in 120 subjects suffering from OAB. After 12 weeks, subjects taking Cucuflavone experienced a significant reduction versus baseline, in (1) urination frequency, (2) urgency, (3) incontinence frequency, maximum urgency score, (5) nocturnal urination frequency and (6) OAB-symptom scale. The placebo group reached significant differences for (1), (3) and (6). No adverse events or abnormal changes in safety parameters occurred. Thus, the combination of pumpkin seed and soy germ extract can be used as natural alternative to relieve symptoms of OAB and to improve quality of life. (C) 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.