View : 43 Download: 0
Activation of YAP1 Is Associated with Poor Prognosis and Response to Taxanes in Ovarian Cancer
- Activation of YAP1 Is Associated with Poor Prognosis and Response to Taxanes in Ovarian Cancer
- Jeong, Woojin; Kim, Sang-Bae; Sohn, Bo Hwa; Park, Yun-Yong; Park, Bun Sung; Kim, Sang Cheol; Kim, Sung Soo; Johnson, Randy L.; Birrer, Michael; Bowtell, David S. L.; Mills, Gordon B.; Sood, Anil; Lee, Ju-Seog
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANTICANCER RESEARCH
- 0250-7005; 1791-7530
- vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 811 - 817
- DNA microarrays; ovarian cancer; prognosis; taxane; YAP1
- INT INST ANTICANCER RESEARCH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Aim: We aimed to investigate the clinical significance of the activation of Yes-Associated Protein 1 (YAP1), a key downstream effector of Hippo tumor-suppressor pathway, in ovarian cancer. Materials and Methods: A gene expression signature reflecting activation of YAP1 was developed from gene expression data of 267 samples from patients with ovarian cancer. A refined ovarian cancer YAP1 signature was validated in an independent ovarian cancer cohort (n=185). Associations between the YAP1 signature and prognosis were assessed using Kaplan-Meier plots, the log-rank test, and a Cox proportional hazards model. Results: We identified a 612-gene expression signature reflecting YAP1 activation in ovarian cancer. In multivariate analysis, the signature was an independent predictor of overall survival (hazard ratio=1.66; 95% confidence interval=1.1 to 2.53; p=0.01). In subset analysis, the signature identified patients likely to benefit from taxane-based adjuvant chemotherapy. Conclusion: Activation of YAP1 is significantly associated with prognosis and the YAP1 signature can predict response to taxane-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with ovarian cancer.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.