View : 376 Download: 0
Democratic Consolidation and Its Limits in Korea Dilemmas of Cooptation
- Democratic Consolidation and Its Limits in Korea Dilemmas of Cooptation
- Suh, Jae-Jung; Park, Sunwon; Kim, Hahn Y.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ASIAN SURVEY
- ASIAN SURVEY vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 822 - 844
- South Korean politics; democracy; cooptation; democratic reform; elections
- UNIV CALIFORNIA PRESS
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This article uses dilemmas of cooptation to explain progress and limits in South Korea's democratic consolidation since its transition to democracy in 1987. The series of cooptations employed by both conservative and liberal forces has helped to consolidate democracy but also to limit the extent of democratic reforms.
- Appears in Collections:
- 국제대학원 > 국제학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.