View : 30 Download: 0
Foreign Exchange Risk, Global Financial Crisis, and Loan Risk Premium: Analysis of International Lending by US Banks
- Foreign Exchange Risk, Global Financial Crisis, and Loan Risk Premium: Analysis of International Lending by US Banks
- Chong, Byung-Uk; Jang, Yoo-Sik; Park, Hyung-Rae
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF KOREA TRADE
- vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 47 - 70
- International Lending; Syndicated Corporate Loan; Loan Risk Premium; Foreign Exchange Risk; Global Financial Crisis
- KOREA TRADE RESEARCH ASSOC
- SSCI; KCI
- This paper investigates the determinants of the risk premium of international syndicated corporate loans utilizing extensive syndicate deal database, DealScan, and provides a unique empirical analysis over the test duration from January 2000 to December 2008, including the period of the global financial crisis in 2007-2008. This paper not only examines the macroeconomic and microeconomic determinants of loan risk premiums, but also inspects how exchange rate volatility and the global financial crisis affected the loan risk premium in international lending. The findings of this paper are summarized as following: (i) foreign exchange risk increased loan risk premium of international syndicated corporate loans, (ii) the global financial crisis increased loan risk premiums, (iii) countty and macroeconomic factors had appropriate effects on loan risk premiums based on their characteristics, and (iv) borrowing firm and contract factors such as loan size, loan maturity, loan purposes, and borrower's business sector also had appropriate effects on the risk premium based on their characteristics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.