View : 196 Download: 0
Immediate Loading as a Vehicle for Interdisciplinary Training in Implant Placement and Restoration
- Immediate Loading as a Vehicle for Interdisciplinary Training in Implant Placement and Restoration
- Kim, Eun-Suk; Park, Eun-Jin; Schrott, Alexander; Schnitman, Paul A.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL IMPLANTS
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL IMPLANTS vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 759 - 762
- dental implant; guidelines; immediate loading; interdisciplinary; postdoctoral training
- QUINTESSENCE PUBLISHING CO INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Recently, implant surgery has been introduced into postdoctoral prosthodontic programs; however, efficient training models to teach this have not been described to date. For training models to be effective and acceptable to all parties, a mutually beneficial situation must be created, and guidelines that can be followed easily need to be described. The purpose of this report is to suggest immediate loading of dental implants as an example for an interdisciplinary training model that integrates both the surgical aspects of implant therapy into the education of prosthodontic graduate students and the prosthodontic aspects of implant therapy into the training of periodontal graduate students. A flow chart of training steps is described for a patient treated with an immediately loaded mandibular fixed full-arch prosthesis on five interforaminal implants. Both the prosthodontic and the periodontal residents were involved in all phases of treatment. These postdoctoral students were in the final year of their program. Therefore, individual treatment steps could be taught interchangeably and accomplished by the student of the other specialty under the supervision of a clinical instructor. The unique characteristic of the immediate loading procedure, which includes surgical implant placement as well as immediate conversion of an existing denture into a fixed implant-supported provisional prosthesis, allows each postgraduate student to experience detailed surgical and prosthodontic treatment in a controlled environment on the day of surgery. INT J ORAL MAXILLOFAC IMPLANTS 2010;25:759-762
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.