View : 39 Download: 0
Syndecan-2 overexpression regulates adhesion and migration through cooperation with integrin alpha 2
- Syndecan-2 overexpression regulates adhesion and migration through cooperation with integrin alpha 2
- Choi, Sojoong; Kim, Yeonhee; Park, Haein; Han, Inn-Oc; Chung, Eunkyung; Lee, Sung-Yul; Kim, Yong-Bae; Lee, Jung Weon; Oh, Eok-Soo; Yi, Jae Youn
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS
- vol. 384, no. 2, pp. 231 - 235
- Syndecan-2; Integrin alpha 2; Adhesion; Migration; Invasion; Colon cancer cell
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Syndecan-2, a transmembrane heparan Sulfate proteoglycan, is known to serve as an adhesion receptor, but details of the regulatory mechanism governing syndecan-2 cell adhesion and migration remain unclear. Here, we examined this regulatory mechanism, showing that overexpression of syndecan-2 enhanced collagen adhesion, cell migration and invasion of normal rat intestinal epithelial cells (RIE1), and increased integrin of alpha 2 expression levels. Interestingly, RIE1 cells transfected with either syndecan-2 or integrin of alpha 2 showed similar adhesion and migration patterns, and a function-blocking anti-integrin alpha 2 antibody abolished syndecan-2-mediated adhesion and migration. Consistent with these findings, transfection of integrin alpha 2 siRNA diminished syndecan-2-induced cell migration in HCT116 human colon cancer cells. Taken together. these results demonstrate a novel cooperation between syndecan-2 and integrin alpha 2 beta 1 in adhesion-mediated cell migration and invasion. This interactive dynamic might be a possible mechanism Underlying the tumorigenic activities of colon cancer cells. (C) 2009 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.