View : 27 Download: 0
A Case of Dermatitis Neglecta
- A Case of Dermatitis Neglecta
- Han, You Jin; Kim, So Young; Choi, Hae Young; Myung, Ki Bum; Choi, You Won
- Ewha Authors
- 명기범; 최혜영; 최유원; 김소영
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 명기범; 최혜영; 최유원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANNALS OF DERMATOLOGY
- vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 257 - 259
- Dermatitis neglecta; Unwashed dermatosis
- KOREAN DERMATOLOGICAL ASSOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Dermatitis neglecta (unwashed dermatosis) presents as pigmented hyperkeratotic plaques with adherent scales which clinically resembles psoriasis. This condition is die result of avoiding washing die affected areas, so die lesions are characteristically resolved with normal washing or with gentle wiping from an alcohol swab. We report a 29-year-old man who presented with art asymptomatic hyperkeratotic scaly plaque on umbilicus. A skin biopsy was done under the clinical impression of psoriasis. During skin biopsy, gentle swabbing with H(2)O(2) and saline gauze was done. The patient revisited our clinic 10 clays after the skin biopsy and the hyperkeratotic lesion had cleared. Histologic examination showed orthokeratotic hyperkeratosis and anastomosing rete ridges. There has been no previous report of dermatitis neglecta with histologic confirmation, and so this case could be the first report to provide die histologic characteristics of dermatitis neglecta. Because this condition night be overlooked and underdiagnosed, recognizing its existence and cause are important to avoid unnecessary biopsies and potentially aggressive therapeutic measures.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.