View : 15 Download: 0
Simultaneous Determination of Bioactive Xanthone Glycosides and Norlignans from Ethanolic Extract of Anemarrhena asphodeloides by Liquid Chromatography
- Simultaneous Determination of Bioactive Xanthone Glycosides and Norlignans from Ethanolic Extract of Anemarrhena asphodeloides by Liquid Chromatography
- Islam, M. Nurul; Yoo, Hye Hyun; Lee, Jun; Nam, Joo Won; Seo, Eun Kyoung; Jin, Changbae; Kim, Dong-Hyun
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF AOAC INTERNATIONAL
- vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 1271 - 1277
- AOAC INT
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The rhizomes of Anemarrhena asphodeloides Bunge (Liliaceae) are prescribed as crude drugs in herbal medication for the treatment of various diseases such as diabetes, inflammation, and platelet aggregation inhibition. A simple, sensitive, and precise reversed-phase liquid chromatographic method was developed to study the quantitative determination of 5 bioactive compounds from these rhizomes, namely, neomangiferin, mangiferin, isomangiferin, nyasol, and methylnyasol. Chromatographic analysis was performed on Capcell Pak C(18) column (150 x 4.6 mm, 3 mu m) with a mobile phase consisting of acetonitrile, methanol, and 0.1% formic acid at a flow rate of 1.00 mL/min. Quantitation was performed using a UV-visible detector at 260 nm. The method for the determination of reported medicinal agents was accurate and reproducible. Excellent linear behavior was observed over the investigated concentration range of 2.5-100.0 mu g/mL for neomangiferin; 1.5-60.0 mu g/mL for mangiferin; 0.5-20.0 mu g/mL for nyasol; and 0.2-20.0 mu g/mL for methylnyasol; correlation coefficient > 0.99. The intraday and interday precision over the concentration range of compounds was < 6.6% (relative standard deviation) and accuracy was between 94.9 and 109.3%. This method can be successfully applied for the analysis of medicinal compounds from the ethanolic extract of A. asphodeloides Bunge.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.