View : 283 Download: 0
Developing a Crisis Management Index: Applications in South Korea
- Developing a Crisis Management Index: Applications in South Korea
- Kim, Yungwook; Cha, Heewon; Kim, Jangyul Robert
- Ewha Authors
- 김영욱; 차희원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김영욱; 차희원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF PUBLIC RELATIONS RESEARCH
- JOURNAL OF PUBLIC RELATIONS RESEARCH vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 328 - 355
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR &
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The purpose of this study is to develop a crisis management index that can gauge a corporation's integrated crisis management capabilities. Although most crisis management models have been devised in Western countries, no full-scale crisis management index has been developed outside the Western hemisphere. This study deploys multiple research stages that reflect the characteristics of crisis management. First, the study validates index items through an extensive literature review, in-depth interviews, and professional audits. The dimensions of the index items are evaluated through an exploratory factor analysis and verified with construct validity through a confirmatory factor analysis. The final index dimensions-the organizational strategy, the organization system and culture, and the execution and communication-were applied to the case of South Korean corporations, and the implications based on their index scores are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 커뮤니케이션·미디어학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.