View : 179 Download: 0
A family harboring CMT1A duplication and HNPP deletion
- A family harboring CMT1A duplication and HNPP deletion
- Lee, Jung Hwa; Kang, Hee Jin; Song, Hyuneok; Hwang, Su Jin; Cho, Sun-Young; Kim, Sang-Beom; Kim, Joonki; Chung, Ki Wha; Choi, Byung-Ok
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NEUROLOGY
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NEUROLOGY vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101 - 104
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease; HNPP; PMP22
- KOREAN NEUROLOGICAL ASSOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A (CMT1A) is associated with duplication of chromosome 17p11.2-p12, whereas hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies (HNPP), which is an autosomal dominant neuropathy showing characteristics of recurrent pressure palsies, is associated with 17p11.2-p12 deletion. An altered gene dosage of PMP22 is believed to the main cause underlying the CMT1A and HNPP phenotypes. Although CMT1A and HNPP are associated with the same locus, there has been no report of these two mutations within a single family. We report a rare family harboring CMT1A duplication and HNPP deletion.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.