View : 132 Download: 0
Inhibition of inducible prostaglandin E-2 production and cyclooxygenase-2 expression by curdione from Curcuma zedoaria
- Inhibition of inducible prostaglandin E-2 production and cyclooxygenase-2 expression by curdione from Curcuma zedoaria
- Oh, O-Jin; Min, Hye-Young; Lee, Sang Kook
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1236 - 1239
- curdione; Curcuma zedoaria; prostaglandin E-2; cyclooxygenase-2
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Overproduction of prostaglandins has been considered in mediation of inflammation and carcinogenic process. On this line, the inhibitors of prostaglandin biosynthetic enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX) have played a role of anti-inflammatory and cancer chemopreventive agents. In our continuous efforts to search anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive agents from natural products, bioassay-guided fractionation led to the isolation of curdione from the rhizome of Curcuma zedoaria with the inhibitory effect on the production of prostaglandin E-2 in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated mouse macrophage RAW 264.7 cells in a concentration-dependent manner (IC50 = 1-1 mu M). Mechanistic studies suggest that the suppression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) mRNA expression is, at least in part, involved in this inhibitory activity of curdione.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.