View : 139 Download: 0
Smart blood bag management system in a hospital environment
- Smart blood bag management system in a hospital environment
- Kim, Soo-Jung; Yoo, Sun K.; Kim, Hyun-Ok; Bae, Ha-Suk; Park, Jung-Jin; Seo, Kuk-Jin; Chang, Byung-Chul
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PERSONAL WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS
- PERSONAL WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS vol. 4217, pp. 506 - 517
- RFID; sensor network; location tracking system; blood
- SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN
- Document Type
- In order to provide suitable blood transfusion samples to patients, the blood bag should be kept at a uniformly maintained temperature to prevent deterioration, during transportation. Therefore, this paper presents a blood monitoring and management system for use in hospitals. This system may continuously report the temperature of the blood bank refrigerator, track the location of a blood bag to increase staff operation efficiency, and can confirm that the assigned blood bag was transported to the intended patient in need of transfusion. We developed and demonstrated the clinical usability of the combined blood temperature management and tracking system using a ubiquitous sensor network and RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.