View : 130 Download: 0
Gene expression profile in Bombyx mori immunized with Escherichia coli
- Gene expression profile in Bombyx mori immunized with Escherichia coli
- Hwang, HZ; Sub, DS; Jung, EJ; Bae, YJ; Kang, SJ
- Ewha Authors
- 강순자; 황혜진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF GENETICS
- vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 37 - 45
- antibacterial proteins; cecropin; gene expression; B. mori
- GENETICS SOC KOREA
- Gene expression in Bombyx mori larvae, which was immunized with Eschelichia coli, was observed using cDNA library sequencing analysis. From examination that covered more than a thousand sequences, we revealed the cecropin family as the most influential set of defensive genes that act against bacterial invasion. Moreover, based on the frequency of the identified and unidentified sequences, seven novel genes were expected to illustrate immune responses through their antibacterial activities. This expectation of immune responses was supported through RT-PCR and open reading frame analysis. In particular, one of the seven novel genes has a sequence that is homologous to the antibacterial peptide, gloverin, which had been found in Manduca sexta. Also, the other six sequences covering a considerable proportion in the cDNA library clones and the characterization of these clones would be a valuable clue in elucidating of self- protection mechanism of B. mori.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.