View : 53 Download: 0
Long-lasting facilitation by dehydroevodiamine center dot HCl of synaptic responses evoked in the CA1 region of rat hippocampal slices
- Long-lasting facilitation by dehydroevodiamine center dot HCl of synaptic responses evoked in the CA1 region of rat hippocampal slices
- Park, EJ; Suh, YH; Kim, JY; Choi, S; Lee, CJ
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 399 - 403
- acetykcholinesterase inhibitor; dehydroevodiamine center dot HCl; hippocampus; long-lasting facilitation
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We tested the effects of dehydroevodiamine . Cl (DHED) on field excitatory postsynaptic potentials (fEPSPs) evoked by the electrical stimulation of Schaffer collaterals-commissural fibres in the CAI region of rat hippocampal slices. Bath applications of 10 muM DHED for 20 or 40 min induced long-lasting facilitation of fEPSPs, which outlasted the presence of DHED. A 10 min treatment with a higher concentration (100 muM) also induced long-lasting facilitation. The long-lasting facilitation was blocked either by 10 muM atropine, the muscarinic receptor antagonist, or by 50 muM D-2-amino-5-phosphonopentanoic acid (D-AP5), an NMDA receptor antagonist. These results show that DHED produces long-lasting facilitation of synaptic transmission, and that this facilitation depends upon the activation of both the muscarinic and NMDA receptors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.