View : 15 Download: 0
TGF beta 1-mediated epithelial to mesenchymal transition is accompanied by invasion in the SiHa cell line
- TGF beta 1-mediated epithelial to mesenchymal transition is accompanied by invasion in the SiHa cell line
- Yi, JY; Hur, KC; Lee, EA; Jin, YJ; Arteaga, CL; Son, YS
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CELL BIOLOGY
- vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 457 - 468
- TGF beta; integrin av; focal contact; epithelial-mesenchymal transition; invasion
- URBAN & FISCHER VERLAG
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- It has recently been suggested by several investigators that the epithelial-mesenchymal transition-inducing capacity of TGFbetas contributes to invasive transition of tumors at later stages of carcinogenesis. In the present study, we examined the possibility of TGFbeta1-stimulated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in SiHa cell line, detailed molecular events in the process, and its possible contribution to the invasive transition of tumors. TGFbeta1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition of SiHa cells was based on morphological and biochemical criteria; actin stress fiber formation, focal translocallization of integrin cm, talin, and vincullin, fibronectin-based matrix assembly at the cell periphery, and translocalization and down-regulation of E-cadherin. TGFbeta1 also stimulated surface expression of integrin alphavbeta3 and FAK activation. Focal translocalization of integrin alphav preceded actin reorganization and fibronectin matrix assembly, and functional blocking of the integrin suppressed actin stress fiber formation. Furthermore, induction of actin reorganization and fibronectin matrix assembly by TGFbeta1 were shown to be mutually independent events. These changes were irreversible because 5 minutes pulse exposure to TGFbeta1 was sufficient to stimulate progress of actin reorganization and fibronectin matrix assembly. In further studies with raft culture, TGFbeta1 was found to stimulate invasion of-SiHa cells into a type I collagen gel matrix. In conclusion, TGFbeta1 stimulated epithelial-mesenchymal transition of SiHa cells, indicating a positive role in the invasive transition of tumors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 바이오융합과학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.