View : 19 Download: 0
Graphs satisfying inequality theta(G(2)) <= theta(G)
- Graphs satisfying inequality theta(G(2)) <= theta(G)
- Kang, I; Kim, SR; Shin, Y; Nam, Y
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- DISCRETE MATHEMATICS
- vol. 250, no. 1-3, pp. 259 - 264
- edge clique cover number; the square of a graph; chordal graph
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- In this paper. we study the edge clique cover number of squares of graphs, More specifically, we study the inequality theta(G(2)) less than or equal to theta(G) where theta(G) is the edge clique cover number of a graph G. We show that any graph G with at most theta(G) vertices satisfies the inequality. Among the graphs with more than theta(G) vertices, we find some graphs violating the inequality and show that dually chordal graphs and power-chordal graphs satisfy the inequality. Especially, we give an exact formula computing theta(T-2) for a tree T. (C) 2002 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 수학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.