View : 38 Download: 0
Determination of the O-14(alpha,p)F-17(g.s.) reaction rate by measurement of the H-1(F-17,alpha)O-14 cross section
- Determination of the O-14(alpha,p)F-17(g.s.) reaction rate by measurement of the H-1(F-17,alpha)O-14 cross section
- Blackmon, JC; Bardayan, DW; Bradfield-Smith, W; Champagne, AE; Chen, AA; Davinson, T; Hahn, KI; Kozub, RL; Ma, Z; Parker, PD; Rajbaidya, G; Runkle, RC; Rowland, CM; Shotter, AC; Smith, MS; Swartz, KB; Visser, DW; Woods, PJ
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NUCLEAR PHYSICS A
- vol. 688, no. 1-2, pp. 142C - 145C
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The O-14(alpha ,p)F-17 reaction is important during the ignition phase of x-ray bursts, but significant uncertainties in this reaction rate have persisted due to uncertainties in the properties of excited states in Ne-18 and the unmeasured direct reaction cross section. The H-1(F-17,alpha)O-14 reaction, the time-inverse of the O-14(alpha, p)F-17(g.s.) reaction, was studied using a radioactive F-17 beam at, the Holifield Radioactive Ion Beam Facility. The (p, alpha) reaction and (p, p) elastic-scattering cross sections were measured over the energy range of interest for x-ray bursts, corresponding to E-cm(alpha) = 1.0 - 2.6 MeV. Resonances corresponding to states in Ne-18 with excitation energies E-x = 6.0 - 7.7 MeV were observed, and the direct reaction cross section determined.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 과학교육과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.