View : 20 Download: 0
Platelet derived growth factor releasing chitosan sponge for periodontal bone regeneration
- Platelet derived growth factor releasing chitosan sponge for periodontal bone regeneration
- Park, YJ; Lee, YM; Park, SN; Sheen, SY; Chung, CP; Lee, SJ
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 153 - 159
- chitosan sponge; periodontal bone regeneration; platelet-derived growth factor-BE; controlled release
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- With an aim of improving bone regeneration, chitosan sponge containing platelet-derived growth factor-BE (PDGF-BB) were developed. For fabrication of chitosan sponge, chitosan solution was freeze-dried, crosslinked and freeze-dried again. PDGF-BB was incorporated into the chitosan sponge by soaking chitosan sponge into the PDGF-BE solution. Release kinetics of PDGF-BB, cell attachment, proliferation capacity and bony regenerative potentials of PDGF-BB-loaded chitosan sponge were investigated. Prepared chitosan sponge retained porous structure with 100 mu m pore diameter that was suitable for cellular migration and growth. Release rate of PDGF-BB could be controlled by varying initial loading content of PDGF-EB to obtain optimal therapeutic efficacy. PDGF-BB-loaded chitosan sponge induced significantly high cell attachment and proliferation level, which indicated good cellular adaptability. PDGF-BB-loaded chitosan sponge demonstrated marked increase in new bone formation and rapid calcification. Degradation of the chitosan sponge was proceeded at defect site and subsequently replaced with new bone. Histomorphometric analysis confirmed that PDGF-BB-loaded chitosan sponge significantly induced new bone formation. These results suggested that chitosan sponge and PDGF-BB-loaded chitosan sponge may be beneficial to enhance periodontal bone regeneration. (C) 1999 Elsevier Science Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.