View : 20 Download: 0
Genomic structure of the regulatory region of the voltage-gated calcium channel alpha 1D
- Genomic structure of the regulatory region of the voltage-gated calcium channel alpha 1D
- Kim, HL; Chang, YJ; Lee, SM; Hong, YS
- Ewha Authors
- 홍영숙; 김형래
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 홍영숙; 김형래
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EXPERIMENTAL AND MOLECULAR MEDICINE
- vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 246 - 251
- calcium channel; gene expression; regulation; molecular cloning
- KOREAN SOC MED BIOCHEMISTRY MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- In excitable and endocrine organs, calcium influxes through the L-type voltage-gated calcium channel (VGCC) which is composed of four (alpha 1, alpha 2, beta, and gamma) subunits. Temporal and spatial expression of calcium channel activity is regulated by the transcription of alpha 1 subunit. To elucidate the genomic organization of the VGCC alpha 1D subunit gene, a genomic clone was isolated from the human genomic library and its sequence was analyzed. A 12 kb genomic clone contained the 5'-flanking regulatory region and first two exons was selected and the initiation site for alpha 1D mRNA synthesis was examined by primer extension analysis. The major initiation site was found at the -523 NT position in the translation initiation site. The TATA box could not be found above the transcription initiation site. The CAT vector construct containing the 2.5 kb upstream region had high CAT activity on transfection to NG108-15 and PC12 cells, which confers the neuronal expression of the alpha 1D gene.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.