View : 17 Download: 0
Post-traumatic arterial priapism: Colour Doppler examination and superselective arterial embolization
- Post-traumatic arterial priapism: Colour Doppler examination and superselective arterial embolization
- Kang, BC; Lee, DY; Byun, JY; Baek, SY; Lee, SW; Kim, KW
- Ewha Authors
- 백승연; 강병철
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 백승연; 강병철
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL RADIOLOGY
- vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 830 - 834
- BLACKWELL SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose: To evaluate selective embolization for management of post-traumatic priapism and colour Doppler sonography for the diagnosis of the causative lesion and for planning embolization. Materials and Methods: Six male patients with post-traumatic priapism underwent selective angiography and embolization. Colour Doppler sonography with grey-scale was performed in all six patients before angiography. Results: Selective angiography showed intracavernosal arteriovenous fistulas in all patients and pseudoaneurysm of the cavernosal artery (or common penile artery) in three patients. After successful embolization, detumescence was achieved in all patients. Colour Doppler sonography enabled localization and characterization of the lesion causing priapism in four patients. Grey-scale ultrasonography showed the dilated cavernosal sinuses in all patients. Conclusion: Angiography with selective embolization is safe and effective method to correct post-traumatic priapism. Colour Doppler sonography with grey scale is a useful preangiographic study, as it allows for characterization and localization of the causative lesion except lesions at the proximal cavernosal or distal penile artery near the symphysis pubis.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.