View : 28 Download: 0

US Characteristics to Predict Neoplasm in Gallbladder Polyps 10 mm or Lager

Title
US Characteristics to Predict Neoplasm in Gallbladder Polyps 10 mm or Lager
Other Titles
크기 10mm이상 담낭용종에서 신생물성(neoplastic) 가능성을 예측할 수 있는 초음파 소견에 관한 연구
Authors
김진실
Issue Date
2014
Department/Major
대학원 의학과
Publisher
이화여자대학교 대학원
Degree
Master
Advisors
이정경
Abstract
The frequency of detecting gallbladder (GB) polyps has increased and their management is a clinical dilemma. Differentiation of neoplastic polyps from nonneoplastic polyp is important to determine their management. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the characteristics of gallbladder polyps 10 mm or larger to predict a neoplastic polyp in routine ultrasound (US) examinations. A database was reviewed to search for "gallbladder polyp" in all US examinations of abdomen for five years at a single institution. Fifty-three patients with follow-up images (n = 18) or pathologic diagnosis from surgery (n = 35) were included in the retrospective study. The mean duration of imaging follow-up was 46.4 months (range, 12-116 months). All US images and reports were reviewed by two readers in consensus to determine the imaging characteristics of gallbladder polyps including the qualitative and quantitative assessment of the echogenicity, size, shape, surface, multiplicity, the presence of hyperechoic foci in the polyp, gallbladder wall thickening adjacent to the polyps, and visibility on CT. A neoplastic polyp was verified pathologically in 12 (22.6%) of 53 patients and the mean size was 23 mm (range, 10-37 mm). Remaining 41 polyps (77.4%) were verified as nonneoplastic from stability in size on follow-up images (n = 18) or pathologic examinations (n = 23). A univariate analysis of all variables revealed that the presence of adjacent gallbladder wall thickening (P < 0.0001), larger size (≥15 mm, P < 0.0001), older age (≥57 years, P = 0.002), the absence of hyperechoic foci in the polyp (P = 0.003), CT visibility (P = 0.014), sessile shape (P = 0.017), solitary polyp (P = 0.025), and irregular surface (P = 0.048) were significant predictors for a neoplastic polyp. In a multivariate analysis, larger size (≥15 mm) was a significant predictor for a neoplastic polyp (P = 0.008). The rate of malignancy was low (15.1%) in polyps even 10 mm or larger. Larger size (≥15 mm), older age (≥57 years), solitariness, irregular surface, sessile shape, adjacent GB wall thickening and CT visibility were predictors for a neoplastic GB polyp. Also, polyps with inner hyperechoic foci preferred to be nonneoplastic polyp. Polyp size 15 mm or larger was an independent and strong indicator of a neoplastic polyp. Follow up US would be recommended for GB polyps less than 15 mm rather than surgery. Cholecystectomy is highly indicated to GB polyps 15 mm or larger. ;담낭용종의 발견은 증가하고 있으며, 담낭용종의 관리 방법은 임상적 딜레마이다. 본 연구에서는 크기 10 mm 이상의 담낭용종에서 초음파 검사시에 신생물성 가능성을 예측가능 한 소견을 알아보고자 하였다. 단일 기관에서 5년 동안 시행한 모든 복부초음파에서 “담낭용종”으로 자료를 검색하였다. 53명의 환자가 포함되었으며, 이 중 추적검사가 있었던 환자는18 명이며, 수술로 병리진단을 확인한 사람은 35명이었다. 영상의학적 추적검사의 평균 기간은 46.4 개월이었다 (범위, 12-116 개월). 모든 초음파 이미지와 자료는 두 명의 영상의학과 의사가 합의하에 초음파 상 담낭용종의 에코, 크기, 모양, 경계, 다중성, 고에코 부위의 유무, 담낭용종 근처의 담낭 벽 두꺼워짐의 유무, 이미지 관심영역의 값, 전산화단층촬영에서 가시성여부를 평가하였다. 신생물성 용종이 있었던 환자는 53명의 환자 중 12명이었고 평균 크기는 23 mm 였다 (범위, 10-37 mm). 남은 41 명의 환자는 추적 검사에서 크기 변화가 없거나 ( n = 18) 병리결과 상 비신생물성 용종 (n = 23) 으로 판정되었다. 단변량분석에서 악성 가능성을 예측할 수 있는 인자로는 주변 담낭 벽 두꺼워짐 (P < 0.0001), 크기(≥15 mm, P < 0.0001), 나이 (≥57 세, P = 0.002), 크기(≥15 mm, P = 0.000), 고에코부위 없음 (P = 0.003), 전산화단층촬영에서 가시성 (P = 0.014), 목 없는 용종 (P = 0.017), 단일용종 (P = 0.025), 불규칙한 경계 (P=0.048) 이었다. 상대적 에코, 객관적 에코는 통계적으로 유의하지 않았다. 다변량분석에서 크기(≥15 mm)는 신생물성 담낭용종을 예측하는 가장 중요한 인자였다 (P = 0.008). 10mm 이상의 담낭용종에서도 악성율은 낮다 (15.1%). 크기 (≥15 mm), 나이(≥ 57세), 단일용종, 불규칙한 경계, 목없는 용종, 주변 담낭벽 두꺼워짐, 전산화 단층촬영가시성이 신생물성 용종을 예측할 수 있는 인자이다. 또한, 고에코부위가 있는 것은 비신생물성용종을 시사하는 소견이다. 15 mm 이상의 크기는 신생물성 용종을 예측하는 가장 강한 인자이다. 15 mm 미만의 용종에서는 수술보다는 추적 초음파가 더 추천된다. 15 mm 이상의 담낭용종에서는 담낭절제술이 필요하다.
Fulltext
Show the fulltext
Appears in Collections:
일반대학원 > 의학과 > Theses_Master
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML


qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

BROWSE