View : 146 Download: 0
구강 점막 하 주입 midazolam과 경구 투여한 chloral hydrate의 용량에 따른 산소 포화도 및 생징후 변화에 대한 비교 연구
- 구강 점막 하 주입 midazolam과 경구 투여한 chloral hydrate의 용량에 따른 산소 포화도 및 생징후 변화에 대한 비교 연구
- Other Titles
- Effect of submucosal Midazolam on percutaneous saturation percentage of oxygen(SpO2), end-tidal carbon dioxide(EtCO2) and physiologic response when combined with chloral hydrate, hydroxyzine and nitrous oxide sedation
- Issue Date
- 임상치의학대학원 임상치의학과임상소아치과학전공
- sedation, submucosal midazolam, chloral hydrate, nitrous oxide
- 이화여자대학교 임상치의학대학원
- The aim of this study was to examine the difference of SpO₂, PR, EtCO₂, RR with submucosal injection of midazolam to oral chloral hydrate and hydroxyzine for pediatric patients
Thirty two sedation cases were performed in this study. Selection criteria included good health (ASA I), 2 to 6 years of age, the need for sedation to receive dental treatment including local anesthesia, and restorative or surgical procedure over at least two teeth. Patients were randomly classified into one group taking oral CH(60 mg/kg), hydroxyzine(1 mg/kg) and submucosal injection of midazolam (0.1 mg/Kg) and the other group recieving oral CH (50 mg/kg), hydroxyzine(1 mg/kg) and submucosal injection of midazolam(0.2 mg/kg). Nitrous oxide(50%) was used for both group during sedation. Patients were monitored using a pulse oximeter and a capnography. A behavior scale was rated as quiet(Q), crying(C), movement(M), or struggling(S) every 2 minutes watching a recorded videotape. For evaluating the depth of sedation, data including saturation percentage of oxygen(SpO₂), pulse rate(PR), end-tidal carbon dioxide(EtCO₂), respiratory rate(RR) and the behavior scale were checked every 2 minutes and were collected for only 40 minutes from the beginning of treatment and were analyzed using Two independent sample T-test .
The results were as followings.
1. Analysis showed no significant difference in the mean SpO₂, PR, EtCO₂ RR during sedation between two groups. (p>0.05)
2. The values of SpO₂, PR, EtCO₂ and RR for both groups remained within the normal values.
The results of this present study indicate that combination of oral CH, hydroxyzine, nitrous oxide gas inhalation and submucosal injection of midazolam improved the sedation quality without compromising safety.
- Show the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 임상치의학대학원 > 임상소아치과학전공 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.