View : 39 Download: 0
Study on a suppressor system for Segregation-distorter action in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster in Korea
- Study on a suppressor system for Segregation-distorter action in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster in Korea
- Issue Date
- 대학원 영어영문학과
- Graduate School of Ewah Womans University
- In order to see if any suppressor system for the SD action was involved in natural populations of D. melanogaster, samples from the populations of nine localities in Korea [Choon-chun, yusoo, Namhai, Sinchon(Seoul), Kwangjoo(Kyunggi), Koonsan, Jwangjoo(Chunnam), Jejoo and Pusan] were analyzed by using the mating scheme for locating the suppresor on chromosome pairs, and R(SD^(NH)-1)-1, the Japanese one were used in order to see any difference of the response of the suppressor for differently originated SD.
The results of the experiment are given below.
(1) The suppressor system was involved in all lines of natural populations from nine localities of Korea.
(2) Most of the suppressors were found to be located on the X chromosome and only a few lines from three populations showed to carry the suppressors on the second chromosome and on the third or fourth chromosome.
(3) The response of the suppressor for differently originate SD lines showed no significant difference.
- Show the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 영어영문학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.