View : 22 Download: 0
敎職의 專門性 分析
- 敎職의 專門性 分析
- Other Titles
- (An) analysis of the teaching profession
- Issue Date
- 교육대학원 교육학전공교육행정분야
- 교직; 전문성; 교원
- 이화여자대학교 교육대학원
- Ⅰ. Introduction
A. Description of Problem and Purpose of research.
The improvement of quality of education cannot tie without specialization of teaching profession. But the social and economic status of the current teachers is unstable and professionalization of the teaching occupation has been discussed. Therefore teachers' moral and spirit is much depressed, In fect it is said that there are many obstade to perform teaching effectly, Thus, it is very necessary to find out whether the teaching profession is a profession or not. Therefore the purpose of this research is
1) To analyze the teaching profession by evaluating criteria of a profession.
2) Find out the obstructing factors to professionalization of teaching.
B. Content and Method of Research.
The character of teaching profession and that of a profession was studied through the related literaure, and evaluating criteria of a profession is set up in theretical back ground. The current teaching proffession was analyzed by this criteria.
Concrete content and method was summarized as following table;
◁표 삽입▷(원문을 참조하세요)
This research was analyzed through records survey, questionaire (1) and (2).
Population question (1) is 480 primary and 520 secondary school teacher in Seoul. Among them the Principals, an assistant Principals, man-teacher and women teacher were included. The sampling method is a stratified, cluster and random sampling method considering school's levels.
Population questionaire (2) is parents of primary and secondary school, this sampling method is the same above. But sampling for 613 in questionaire (1) was collected from 1,000 teachers, and sampling for 752 in questionaire (2) from 1,000 parents.
Research method of social strata.
There are three methods estimating the social strata which are the reputational subject, and object. But the methods used in this social strata were the subject and object. The factors considered in the object methods were en Estate Vocation, Income, Education level, and Birth.
C. Limits of Research
1) Evaluating criteria of profession, is not objective, because there are no objective characteristics of a profession.
2) The object of research is a teacher in Seoul.
3) The comparison teachers in Korea with those in foreign countries is not sufficient.
It was found that the teacher profession in Korea is very difficult to be accepted as a profession in this research.
Therefore many problems were identified and summaried as following :
1) The teaching licence is granted by education authority, but the hard examination for it does not exist.
2) Among the current primary and secondary teachers there was many teachers with a sub-educational level.
Expecially the regular institution for the primary teacher education leacher's college of two year program had many problems by the criteria of a profession.
3) The teacher's status is guaranteed by law provision. But teacher's were pressed by educational authority and parents in praticing their work pupils.
4) The opportunity to receive the in-service education was limited and individual's effort is not sotis factory.
5) The teaching profession was generally accepted as a important vocation for the national development and teacher's behavior had more social responsibility than others.
6) The teacher's mission for their vocation was emphasized by the society.
But their current mission is not sufficient in pratice.
7) The teacher had the code of ethical pratice, but they are not forced to do behavior by it.
Therefore it is not much help to them.
8) The teacher's social status belonged the middle class. But teachers themselves estimated their social strata lower than the objective.
9) The current teachers' rewards systems has many unreasonable factors. Firstly the promotion periods is long and the diffierence of the rewards by promotion is very little. Secondary, an allowance of teachers is more little than that of other's profession.
1) Those who graduated from teacher's colleges should take a hard exam. for license as possible as.
2) The upgrading to a level of profession by providing a longer. Period of Pre-Service education from the current two-years to four-years in primary teacher is needed.
And education pratice period must be prolonged to 6 months.
3) The opportunity of in-service education should be more than the current.
The result of in-service education must be taken much consider of teacher's promotion.
4) Teachers' professional group should take much effort to lift teacher status.
5) Teachers' should be informed that their objective social status is not lower than their subjective social status.
6) Teachers' rewards system should be reformed wholly to be accepted as a profession.
7) Educational authority should promote the research in the field of professionalization of teaching as far as possible.
- Show the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 교육대학원 > 교육행정전공 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.