View : 467 Download: 0
중등학교 체육교사의 자질 특성에 대한 분석 연구
- 중등학교 체육교사의 자질 특성에 대한 분석 연구
- Issue Date
- 대학원 체육학과
- 이화여자대학교 대학원
- The development of education depends on quality of teachers in schools. Thus, the quality of teachers is a key element for the improvement of the education. Especially, qualities can be a measure of judging a teacher’s excellence.
A major thrust of this study was to examine differences in perception between ideal and real competencies deemed necessary for success as a physical educator among teachers with field experience and among students who were being prepared to teach physical education.
The results of this study may have important implications for the professional preparation of physical educators particulary as part of the on going attempt to bridge the gap between theories and practices.
The subjects of this study were divided into teacher and student teacher group. The teacher group was randomly sampled from 125 middle schools and 68 high schools in Seoul. The student group wa randomly sampled from 19 universities that were being offered professional and non-professional preparation programs. 210 college senior students of the student group had about 4 weeks student teaching experiences.
A questionnaire was developed based on the literature related for this study. The instrument were categorized for dimensions on the basis of the desirable competencies needed to a prospective teacher: personal competency, instructional competency, human relations competency, and management competency. This was consisted of total 60 items that were evaluated by Likert scale with five response options in ideal and practical dimensions.
The questionnaire of this study were collected 86.6% from the student teacher group in their classroom and 65.2% of the teacher group.
The collected data was analyzed using SPSS program for demographic data and t-test and ANOVA was used to compare perceptions on the desirable competencies of teachers between ideal and real dimensions. On the basis of the results analyzed, the conclusions were drawn as follows:
1. There was generally difference on the perceptions of the relative value on the teachers desirable qualities between teacher and student teacher.
- There was bigger gap between ideal and real competencies in the student teacher group than in the student teacher group than in the teacher group in all of 4 dimensions of teacher competencies.
- There were differences between subscales of each dimension of teaching competencies perceived by teachers.
- There were differences between ideal and real perceptions on instructional competencies of teachers.
- There were also differences between ideal and real perceptions on instructional competencies of student teachers.
- There were differences in ideal perceptions on human relations between teachers and student teachers, while there was no difference in ideal perceptions on personal, instructional, management competencies between both groups. However, there were differences in real perceptions on all competency dimensions between both groups.
- The most important variable perceived by teachers in both ideal and real teacher competencies was the personal dimension.
There were differences in importance perceived by teachers between sub-dimensions of each dimension of teacher competencies.
2. There were no differences in perceptions of competencies on all ideal dimensions between male and female teachers. However, there were differences in perceptions of competencies on all real dimensions except personal one between male and female teachers.
3. There were no differences in perceptions of competencies on all of ideal and real dimensions among age levels of teachers.
4. There were no differences in perceptions of competencies on all of ideal and real dimensions between teacher’s type of institutions trained(professional/ non-professional institutions).
5. There were no differences in perceptions of competencies on all of ideal and real dimensions between teachers’ school levels teaching.
6. There were no differences in perceptions of competencies on all of ideal and real dimensions among teaching experience levels of teachers.
7. There were no differences in perceptions of competencies on all of ideal and real dimensions between academic levels of teachers.
- Show the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 체육과학부 > Theses_Ph.D
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.