View : 21 Download: 0

일 대학병원 정신과에 협진 의뢰된 환자 중 의뢰의사가 섬망 진단을 간과하게 하는 환자의 특성

Title
일 대학병원 정신과에 협진 의뢰된 환자 중 의뢰의사가 섬망 진단을 간과하게 하는 환자의 특성
Other Titles
Patient Characteristics for Misdiagnosed Delirium at Psychiatric Consultation in a University Hospital
Authors
최정원
Issue Date
2012
Department/Major
대학원 의학과
Publisher
이화여자대학교 대학원
Degree
Master
Advisors
연규월
Abstract
Objectives: The misdiagnosis of delirium may result in a delay of correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment of the delirium. Additionally, aggravation of physical illnesses can occur. The objective of this study was to investigate patient characteristics in cases of misdiagnosed delirium upon psychiatric consultation in a university hospital. Methods: Subjects included patients with delirium among all who we had consulted over a 12week span. Psychiatric diagnosis was made by two well-trained psychiatrists by means of the DSM-IV-TR. Cognitive function, level of delirium, and physical function were evaluated by the Korean version of Mini Mental Status Examination(MMSE-K), Delirium Rating Scale-Revised-98(DRS-R-98), Clinical Global Impression-severity(CGI-S), Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Performance Status (ECOG PS), Global Assessment of Functioning Scale(GAF). In addition, we collected socio-demographic information, date of admission and consultation, present causes of consultation and speculated psychiatric diagnoses made by referring physicians. Results: Among 45 subjects with delirium, only 28 patients (62%) were diagnosed with delirium by referring physicians at the time of consultation. The remaining 17 patients (38%) had been diagnosed with other illnesses. The group of misdiagnosed patients tended to have a longer duration of formal education than those that had been correctly diagnosed. Conclusion: Early diagnosis and intervention of delirium can minimize the subsequent problems related to delayed diagnosis. Therefore, it is vital to identify the factors related to misdiagnoses by referring physicians. This study showed that a longer duration of formal education is a contributing factor for the misdiagnosis of delirium. Longer education may cover up the typical symptoms of delirium. This can keep referring physicians from making a correct diagnosis. This study is a pilot study investigating diagnostic accuracy of delirium by referring physicians. Additional, well-controlled studies are warranted for the diagnostic accuracy of delirium by a referring physician. The additional well-controlled studies are warranted.;서론 섬망의 진단을 간과하면 섬망의 치료가 늦어지면서, 증상을 유발하는 신체 질병을 악화시킬 수 있다. 본 연구의 목적은 비정신과 의사들이 섬망을 인지하는 데 있어 방해되는 요소와 이와 관련된 환자의 특성을 조사하는 것이다. 방법 본 연구는 일 대학병원 입원 중에 정신과에 협진 의뢰되어 섬망으로 진단된 환자를 대상으로 12주간 시행되었다. 섬망은 두 명의 숙련된 정신과 의사가 DSM-IV-TR 의 기준에 의거하여 진단하였다. 인지기능, 섬망의 정도, 신체 기능은 한국판 간이정신상태검사 (Korean version of Mini Mental Status Examination, MMSE-K), 섬망 평가척도-98-개정판(Delirium Rating Scale-Revised-98, DRS-R-98), 전반적 임상 인상 (Clinical Global Impression-severity, CGI-S), Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Performance Status (ECOG-PS), 전반적 기능 평가 척도(Global Assessment of Functioning Scale, GAF)를 사용하여 평가되었다. 또한 의무기록 및 협의진료의뢰서를 통해 환자의 인구학적 정보, 입원일 및 진단일, 협진 사유, 의뢰의의 정신과적 추정 진단을 조사하였다. 정신과 진단이 섬망에 해당되는 환자 45명 중 의뢰의가 섬망이나 섬망 유사상태의 임상 소견으로 의뢰한 경우를 진단군(Diagnosed group)으로 분류하였고, 섬망 이외의 임상 소견으로 의뢰한 경우를 진단 간과군(Missed group)으로 분류하였다. 양 군간의 연속형 자료의 비교를 위해 independent t-test를 사용하였고, 범주형 자료의 비교를 위해 Chi-square test 를 사용하여 통계처리를 하였다. 결과 최종 정신과적 진단이 섬망에 해당되는 환자 45명 중 28명(62%)은 의뢰 시에 섬망이나 섬망 유사의 임상소견으로 의뢰되어 진단군(Diagnosed group)으로 분류되었고, 17명은 섬망 외의 소견으로 의뢰되어 진단간과군(Missed group)으로 분류되었다. 섬망 진단에 영향을 미칠 것으로 생각되는 여러 변수 중 환자의 교육 연한이 길수록 섬망의 진단이 간과될 가능성이 유의하게 더 높았다(p=0.042). 고찰 본 연구에서는 저자가 소속된 일 대학병원의 비정신과의사들의 상당수(38%)가 섬망의 진단을 간과하고 있는 것으로 나타났으며, 의뢰의가 환자의 섬망 진단을 간과하는 경우와 환자의 교육 연한이 유의미한 관계를 가지는 것으로 나타났다. 즉 환자의 교육연한이 길수록 타과 의사가 섬망의 진단을 간과할 가능성이 높았다. 섬망의 진단을 간과하는 인자와 관련하여 과거에 시행된 연구에서는 정신과 병력, 젊은 연령, 지남력 손상, 입원 분과 통증 등의 요인이 제시된 바 있으나 본 연구에서는 이러한 변수들과 섬망 진단의 정확성과의 관련성은 없는 것으로 나타났다. 이에 대해 가능한 설명으로는 본 연구의 대상 집단의 평균 연령이 기존 연구의 대상 집단의 평균 연령에 비해 높았으며, 정신과 병력을 가진 환자의 비율이 전체의 20%에 불과했고, 종전의 다른 연구들보다 섬망 진단을 간과한 경우가 38%로 적어서, 과거 연구들과의 동등한 비교가 어려웠던 점을 들 수 있겠다. 결론 본 연구에서는 환자의 교육 연한이 길수록 의뢰의의 섬망 진단의 정확성이 떨어지는 것으로 나타났다. 높은 교육 수준과 낮은 섬망 진단률과의 관련성이 향후 연구에서도 재현될 가능성이 있는 결과인지는 불확실하다. 따라서 교육 수준과 섬망 진단 간의 관련성을 밝혀줄 대규모-다기관 집단을 대상으로 한 체계화된 후속 연구가 필요할 것으로 보인다
Fulltext
Show the fulltext
Appears in Collections:
일반대학원 > 의학과 > Theses_Master
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML


qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

BROWSE